Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gift of Life


One little boy came up to his mother and handed her a piece of paper. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it:-

For cleaning up my room this week Rs.05.00- Baby-sitting for my kid brother Rs.10.00- For going to the store for you Rs.02.00- Taking out the garbage Rs.00.50- For getting a good report card Rs.10.00- For helping in kitchen Rs.00.25 Total owed: Rs.27.75

His mother looked at him standing there, expectantly. She picked up the pen, turned the paper over and wrote:-

Nine months I carried you while you were inside me : No Charge- The times I’ve sat with you, doctored and prayed for you : No Charge- For all the tears that you’ve caused through the years : No Charge- For all the nights that were filled with dread and the worries : No Charge I know were ahead- For the toys, food, cloth, and even wiping your nose, there’s : No Charge- And when you add it all up, the full cost of real love is : No Charge

When the son finished reading what his mother had written there were great big tears in his eyes. He looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote, "PAID IN FULL".

Love-filled actions should always be unconditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment